What is the Guest Policy?
• All drivers MUST be at least 18 years of age to operate machines and MUST provide a valid Drivers License.
• All guests are required to read and sign a waiver of liability form. Guests who are aged 17 and under must have a legal guardian sign a waiver of liability form.
• No pregnancies, recent surgeries, neck/back/knee problems, or any serious health conditions allowed on tours.
• Covered closed toe shoes REQUIRED for all tours, including tours that stop at Hule`ia River and waterfall. Swimming is subject to tour type and weather conditions.
• Safety helmets and goggles are provided by Kipu Ranch Adventures and are required for all guests to wear during tours.
• This is a non-smoking tour. Drug and alcohol use is not permitted before or during tours.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your tour time to sign waivers and to get geared up for your off-road adventure. Tours leave at designated times and will not wait for late arrivals. Late arrivals will not be rescheduled or refunded. Actual tour time will begin shortly after all guests are checked in. Return times are approximate based on group size and riding conditions.
What should I bring?
Covered closed toe shoes are required for all tours. Water shoes required for those planning on swinging on Indiana Jones Rope Swing or swimming at waterfall. Wear swim attire underneath clothing if you plan on swinging on rope swing or swimming at waterfall. Rope Swing and Waterfall are weather permitting. Guests may get dusty or muddy depending on weather conditions. We recommend guests wear dark clothing or clothing they don’t mind getting stained by Kauai’s red dirt. Extra change of clothes and towel. Highly recommend sunscreen, bug spray and a camera. Valuable items not recommended on tour.
Can I go on the tour if I’m pregnant?
This tour is not for anyone pregnant or with back or other injuries that could be aggravated by this type of off-road activity.
Is it safe?
We take great pride in offering our valued guests a safe, fun and exciting way to experience a tropical off-road all terrain tour. There is always a risk involved when operating or riding as a passenger aboard an off-road vehicle. Guests are highly encouraged to be honest about their ability and comfort while operating an off-road vehicle while out on tour with us.
All of our machines offer fully automatic transmissions, push button 4WD and all wheel independent suspension for superior ride, comfort and stability. Tours are guided. Therefore, speed is controlled. Off-road vehicle operation instruction and off-road vehicle safety training is provided on each and every tour.
What if it rains?
All of our machines have 4-wheel drive and rain is common on Kauai. We run tours rain or shine, however in heavy rains we may cancel the tour as we do drive through streams and valleys.
Can children participate?
Guests 12 years and older are welcome on the VIP Triple Trail Expedition
Guests 7 years and older are welcome on Ultimate Ranch and Waterfall Picnic Tours.
Guests 5 years and older are welcome on the 2 hr Waterfall Jungle Tour.
All guests under 18 must have a legal guardian sign for them.
What will I see?
Kipu is the choice spot on Kauai for movie locations, and you will see many of them as well as the most beautiful landscapes on Kauai. The places of legends and history, as well as the plants and wildlife make it even better.
Ride through lush green pastures, venture down into tropical Hule’ia Valley, and ascend to majestic Haupu for a breathtaking view of Kipu Kai, Kauai’s untouched paradise. Experience many blockbuster movie spots such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Outbreak, and Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark. This is tropical 4×4 off road touring at its finest.