Our signature tour! Join us for a beautiful and breathtaking off-road scenic tour through Kipu Ranch’s diverse landscape and history. Limited-time early bird specials on 7 a.m. tours!
- Youth Ages 9-17
TOUR TEMPORARILY CLOSED. REOPENING SOON! |
Explore Our Family-Friendly Waterfall Picnic Off-Road Tour
Our four-hour Waterfall Tour is perfect for a fun-filled day with your family and friends!
- Family & Friends – More of a laid back tour with time to relax.
- Swimming – Tour stops at 2 locations for swimming (roughly 25-30 minutes at each stop and weather permitting).
- Seasonal Waterfall – During the summer months or time of drought, the waterfall at lunch stop is not flowing.
- Deli-Style Sandwich Buffet – Fresh homemade bread, fresh veggies, choice of ham, turkey, salami, and cheese. Mayo, mustard, and hummus. Fresh seasonal fruits and cookies for dessert.
- Movie Locations – This tour highlights many movie locations for amazing photo and video taking opportunities.
- Hiking – There will be walking to our lunch stop and two swim stops. Walk to lunch stop and river is minimal. Walk to spring fed waterfall is a moderate walk on uneven ground, approximately 75 meters down and back up.
Kauai Waterfalls Picnic Tour & Off-Road Adventure
Kauai is known for its endless supply of sandy beaches shaded by palm trees and flanked by volcanic cliff faces. But that’s just scratching the surface. Most of the island is a wonderland of jungle forest, bamboo groves and waterfalls. If you want to see the real Kauai, you must venture off its beaches and explore the island’s stunning interior.
For a fun-filled day with your family and friends on Kauai, book our four-hour Waterfall Tour. With a plush fleet of off-road vehicles, you’ll head into the jungle to the Huleia River where you can swing out on the Indiana Jones rope swing. Enjoy lunch in paradise at our seasonal waterfall while enjoying a delicious deli-style sandwich buffet. You’ll continue to navigate Kauai’s unique terrain without having to slog on foot for miles. You’ll drive right up to a trail that will lead you to a hidden bamboo grove with a short hike to a private waterfall.
Enjoy historic Kipu Ranch, its cattle, abundant wildlife, beautiful views, lush tropical landscape, and connection to the movie industry. Arrive in style and take a walk through our hidden oasis!
This is also a swimming tour, so be sure to pack towels and a swimsuit. We provide helmets, goggles, and bandanas as well as snacks and a picnic lunch. Bring a swimsuit, towel, and water shoes if you want to swim. We recommend reef-safe sunscreen and natural locally made insect repellent as well.
Book your Kauai waterfall tour and UTV excursion today!
- Kawasaki 750 4X4 TERYX-4 (Seats 2-4)
- Kawasaki KRX 1000 (Seats 2)
- Instruction & Practice
- Picnic Deli lunch
- Short Hike to Private Waterfall
- Tour Hollywood movie locations
- Views of famous Hule’ia River & Indiana Jones swing
- Picnic Lunch
- Knowledgeable Guides
- Helmets, goggles, and bandanas
- Top-of-the-line Kawasaki off road vehicles
- Face covering (face mask, bandana, face gaiter, etc).
- All drivers MUST provide a valid Driver’s License.
- Bring credit card to place on file until vehicle is returned.
- Covered closed toe shoes are required for all tours.
- Camera with case for dust, mud and water protection (no drones).
- Reef-safe sunscreen.
- Guests may get dusty or muddy depending on weather conditions. We recommend guests wear dark clothing or clothing they don’t mind getting stained by Kauai’s red dirt.
- We recommend a long sleeve top and long pants in place of using bug spray. If using bug spray, we recommend using an all natural locally made product.
- Although water will be provided on tour, we encourage guests to bring a reusable water bottle. Water refill station available at check-in.
- Valuable items not recommended on tour.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Tour operator will not be held responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items. No personal storage available on site.
- All guests are required to wear a face covering (face mask, bandana, face gaiter, etc) while on property. We highly recommend guests bring their own face covering with them to the ranch.
- Any person experiencing a temperature of 100.4 degrees and higher and/or experiencing symptoms will not be allowed to visit us at this time and will either be refunded or rescheduled for a later date.
- There is a minimum of 2 participants required in order to operate this tour. If minimum numbers are not met, you will be offered a refund or an alternative date.
- All drivers MUST be at least 18 years of age to operate machines and MUST provide a valid Driver’s License.
- No recent surgeries, neck/back/knee problems, pregnant women, or any serious health conditions allowed on tours.
- Covered closed toe footwear is REQUIRED for all tours and during water activities (applicable tours only). Water activities are subject to weather conditions.
- Drug and alcohol use is not permitted before or during tours. Impaired participation is not allowed for your safety.
- Age restrictions apply:
- Ultimate Ranch & Waterfall Picnic – minimum age 9
- Safety helmets and goggles are provided by Kipu Ranch Adventures and are required for all guests to wear.
- Guests are required to arrive on-time. Tours operate on schedule and cannot wait for late guests. The option to reschedule will be presented to late arrivals.
- Tours operate rain or shine with the exception of severe weather conditions.
- If you are booking on behalf of another person or group, it is your responsibility to inform each participant of these restrictions.
- Approximately 7 miles (20 minutes) from the Lihue Airport
Please note: Waterfalls and stream conditions are subject to the weather. Heavy rains can make swimming unsafe and droughts reduce waterflow considerably.